Stage 2 of Tasmania’s recovery will start from this Friday, June 5th at 3.00pm – just in time for the long weekend!
What better way of getting back outdoors with the family than a fishing trip within Devonport.
Devonport’s location on the Mersey River means there is always fun to be had – either dropping a line in the river or taking a boat out to explore our waterways.
Fishing Spots within the Devonport area include:
- Mussel Rock – The fenced platform makes for a great fishing spot. Mussel Rock is located off Victoria Parade, on the western foreshore of the Mersey River, adjacent to Roundhouse Park.
- Bluff Headland & Mersey River shoreline
- Mersey River western shore breakwater – off fenced platform
- Don River
- Mersey River eastern shore breakwater – north of the ferry terminal
Devonport also has two public boat ramps located in Devonport:
- Horsehead Creek Riverside Park – features a floating pontoon, located on the western shore of the Mersey River in West Devonport, South of the CBD, off Devonport Road.
- Victoria Parade Boat Ramp – Located off Victoria Parade on the western shore of the Mersey River, between Lower Madden Street and Parker Street
If you are boating or fishing with friends this weekend make sure you maintain all physical distancing which is currently in place and allow for four square metres per person (allowance are made for the supervision of children or similar needs that may require closer contact)
For any further information on fishing in Tasmania check out https://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/sea-fishing-aquaculture/recreational-fishing